VILLAGE OF FRANKLIN PARK, ILLINOIS
The Village of Franklin Park, located immediately northwest of the City of Chicago, seeks a Village Planner to undertake a wide variety of duties related to development and redevelopment projects in the Village. Areas of work would include zoning, development review, public meetings, administration of Village codes and ordinances, preparation of grant applications, data base creation and maintenance, field surveys, and mapping. This position reports to the Director of Community Development and Zoning. Salary $41,000-45,000. Excellent benefits package.
The incumbent will be responsible as a planner for zoning which will include pre-application conferences, zonings, and special exception site plans. Additionally, the incumbent will manage appeals, prepare clear, concise and accurate responses to zoning ordinance determinations, and provide support as planner for zoning ordinance amendments. The incumbent will be responsible for researching and preparing written referrals for rezoning, special exception, and site plan applications; researching and writing zoning ordinance determinations and verifications; and preparing staff reports for presentation to the Board of Zoning. The incumbent will also be involved with creation of a new Zoning ordinance for the village.
Provides information and assistance to the Director in making presentations and relaying technical information regarding: development applications and ordinance requirements, researching and interpreting zoning, subdivision and sign ordinances.
Provides support to Village boards and commissions by preparing and delivering communications and presentations, analyzing platting and zoning requests and making development recommendations.
Conducts development review activities, meets with developers and citizens. Participates in technical review committee processes and coordinates with other departments.
Duties of the Position:
· Field survey work and recording of data;
· Development and maintenance of property and/or business data bases;
· Development and maintenance of various neighborhood and Village-wide maps;
· Preparation and presentation of Staff development review reports to Plan Commission and other Village officials at public hearings;
· Responding to inquiries from the public regarding development-related regulations;
· Research of property ownership;
· Participate in Update of a new Village Zoning code to be developed in conjunction with outside consultant;
· Work with other staff on Tax Increment Financing Districts;
· Preparation of grant applications and administration of grants;
· Preparation of amendments to zoning and subdivision regulations and other components of the Village Code; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Master degree; or Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university in Urban Planning or closely related field and two years’ related experience;
· Demonstrated understanding of the principles, practices, and tools of zoning. Also through planning and development experience in comprehensive plans, zoning, and related regulations;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
· Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel;
· Knowledge of Adobe Design Suite software programs
Other Desired Qualifications:
· Past experience in Zoning ;
· Efficient research skills, including internet-based research;
· Understanding of U.S. Census data resources and analysis thereof;
· Understanding and experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
· Understanding and experience with Tax Increment Financing (TIF);
· Understanding of flood plain data; and
· Knowledge of historic preservation techniques.
To apply, send, or email a resume detailing relevant qualifications and experience, along with a writing sample and references to: Lisa Anthony, Director of HR & Operations, Village of Franklin Park, 9500 Belmont Avenue, Franklin Park, Illinois, 60131, email firstname.lastname@example.org The Village is an EOE. All applications must be submitted by Friday, March 7th at 4:30 P.M. Central Standard Time.