Internship Opportunity with the Village of Franklin Park, IL
The Community Development Department at the Village of Franklin Park is seeking applicants for a summer internship opportunity.
The Village of Franklin Park, IL is a dynamic community of over 18,000 residents which is situated immediately west of the City of Chicago and immediately south of O’Hare International Airport. Franklin Park contains many attributes that make this a one-of-a-kind community. Specifically, Franklin Park is one of the largest manufacturing municipality’s in the state of Illinois with over 25 million square feet of industrial space. Nearly 1,000 businesses operate within the Village’s boundaries. The Village is also in a position for prime redevelopment opportunities with numerous TIF districts and renewed emphasis on the downtown area. The intern will have the opportunity to be immersed in the areas of zoning, economic development, long range planning, code enforcement and other community development related activities.
• Assist with the development of an Industrial Corridor Study, a new Village Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Code, along with other relevant planning studies
• Assist with grant composition and administration
• Assist with property research and zoning enforcement cases
• Create and maintain databases
• Assist with the Village’s Tax Increment Finance district administration
• Assist Community Development employees with other duties as assigned
The preferred applicant should be a student from an accredited urban and regional planning university. The applicant must fill out and turn in a completed Village Employment Application Form to Lisa Anthony, Human Resource Director, at the Village of Franklin Park. The Human Resources Department can be reached at (847) 671-8224. A resume must be submitted with the filled out application. All application documents can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Village of Franklin Park Human Resources Department - 9500 W Belmont Avenue Franklin Park, IL 60131. Applications must be submitted by 4:30 PM (Central Time) Friday, May 2, 2014. Pay rate is yet to be determined.
Follow the link below to download the Village Employment Application Form – when returning the application, it is preferred to scan in all application items and submit the contents electronically.
VILLAGE OF FRANKLIN PARK SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAM
The Village of Franklin Park is accepting applications for our part-time Summer Youth Program. Office clerk, and laborer positions are available. The program begins May 1, 2014 and ends October 3, 2014. Qualifications for employment must be met:
1. Currently enrolled High School student who has taken college admission tests (e.g., ACT) – or applicant must include proof of registration for such test; or Student enrolled for 2014-2015 in accredited college, university or graduate school;
2. Written recommendations from school official, professor, teacher or guidance counselor (for first time participants only);
3. Minimum grade point average of "C" or equivalent - applicant must include proof from current school of grade point average;
4. Minimum Age: 16 (at time of application)
Maximum Age: 22 (at time of application);
5. Participant Relationship to Village Official or Officer Prohibited: Immediate family members [spouses, children and grandchildren (including birth, step and adopted), brother, sister, parent, grandparent, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew] or any other member of the household of the Village President, Village Clerk, Village Trustee, Comptroller, Village Department Head or Director, and Deputy Department Head or Director, if applicable, shall not be hired in any capacity during said person’s tenure in office; and
6. Successfully pass mandatory drug and alcohol tests and remain drug and alcohol free throughout Program participation.
Hourly rate will begin at $8.50. Application packets are available in the Health & Human Resource Department at 9500 W. Belmont, Franklin Park, IL 60131, or on our website www.vofp.com. Applications accepted until positions are filled. The Village of Franklin Park is an equal opportunity employer.
Other Area Job Opportunities