Passport Services


Routine Service: 8-11 weeks processing + mailing

Expedited Service: 5-7 weeks processing + mailing


Village of Franklin Park Passport Service Hours: 

Please call the Clerk’s Office at (847) 671-8242 to schedule your appointment.

Applicants must be present

If applicant is a minor, both parents must be present


Please prepare your application packet prior to your appointment by providing the following:

Print and complete your Form DS-11 Application by going online to PRE-FILL ONLINE OR USE BLACK INK ONLY. Applications are available at Village Hall for pick up only.

DO NOT SIGN YOUR APPLICATION. An Acceptance Agent must witness your signature.     

Recent passport photo 2×2-inch color photo of the full face, no glasses, with a white background is required. Please refer to  for further photo guidelines.
Provide original and photo copies of your proof of identity and U.S. Citizenship documents. Please visit  for requirements on special applications. 
2 Checks

$35 Processing Fee – Payable to the “Village of Franklin Park”
$130 Adult and/or $100 Minor Passport Fee – Payable to "U.S. Department of State”

Please visit:  for additional costs relating to special services.

For emergency travel (leaving within 72 hours) call: National Passport Customer Service at (877) 487-2778 – Monday through Friday from 7AM to 4PM Central (202) 647-4000 – Outside regular hours.


FOR ADULT RENEWALS: You can renew by mail, but unless you have a life-or-death emergency, you will experience significant delays before receiving your passport. We highly recommend using a tracking service when mailing renewals. You will save the $35 acceptance fee and must mail the completed form yourself. There are few exceptions you do not need to appear before an acceptance agent to renew a passport:

If you are able to answer "YES" to the following:

I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card with the application.

I was at least 16 years old when my most recent U.S. passport book and/or card were issued.

I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book and/or card less than 15 years     ago.
The U.S. passport book and/or card that is being renewed has not been mutilated, damaged, lost, stolen or subsequently found.

My U.S. passport has not been limited from the normal 10-year validity.

I use the same name as on my most recent U.S. Passport book and/or card -- or-- I have had my name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper certified documentation to reflect my name change.

Please visit for information on eligibility.



Can I get a status update on my passport?

You can check the status of your application 7-10 business days after you have applied for your passport. Status updates are available online or by calling the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778. You can also sign up for automatic email notifications about your passport status by going online to:


We will not be able to provide more specific processing times or status updates at this time.


I can’t find my birth certificate, how can I get one?

To obtain your birth certificate, you must contact the County or State in which you were born. Please note that birth certificates must be original or certified copies including full parental information; short form abstracts, hospital certificates or birth “registrations” are not acceptable for a passport application. Some restrictions apply.


Cook County Vital Records:

DuPage County Vital Records

Can I pay cash or use credit card for my passport application fee?

No; the U.S. Department of State requires a personal check or money order only.  If you arrive without proper form of payment, we cannot accept your application. This applies to the passport fee only; you may use other forms of payment for the $35 acceptance fee.


Do you have photo services on site?

Yes, photo services are available for $15.00


© 2011 - Village of Franklin Park, 9500 Belmont Avenue, Franklin Park, IL 60131, tel: (847) 671-4800