All contractors performing work in the Village of Franklin Park are required to be licensed, insured and bonded.
Contractor License Requirements
- Complete the contractor license application. License fee for all contractors is $100.00 for a 1 year license (May 1st through April 30th). Plumbing Contractors with a valid state license are no charge per the Illinois Department of Public Health. All other Plumbing Contractors are required to purchase a Village of Franklin Park license. The annual fee for a General Contractor is $250.00. No half year licenses are issued.
- All contractors except demolition contractors are required to provide a $10,000 license and permit bond specific to the type of work the contractor will perform. Demolition contractors are required to provide a $50,000 bond.
- All contractors are required to provide a certificate of liability insurance indicating that they are covered for a minimum of $1,000,000.00 ($1 million).
The certificate holder for both the bond and liability insurance policy should be listed as:
Village of Franklin Park
9500 Belmont Avenue
Franklin Park, Illinois 60131
- Roofing Contractors are required to submit a copy of their State Roofing License.
- Sewer and Drain Contractors are required to submit a copy of their City License.
- Electrical Contractors are required to submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the City of Chicago or a neighboring town that is currently testing, with an active electrical commission and that is approved of by the Village of Franklin Park.
- Plumbing Contractors are required to provide a copy of their $20,000 Illinois Department Of Public Health Bond or a copy of their State Of Illinois Department Of Public Health license.
For questions or concerns, please contact the Building Department using the contact information at the left.
Building Code Changes
On December 21, 2009, the Village Board of Trustees adopted more recent versions of national and state building codes as well as amendments to those codes. These codes and amendments became effective on January 01, 2010 at 12:00am. Below are the ordinances adopting the various codes and amendments.