Village of Franklin Park
9451 W. Belmont
Franklin Park, IL 60131
Non-Emergency: (847) 678-2444
Records: (847) 671-8200
Records Hours: Monday through
Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The Police Department plays an important role working with the Department of Homeland security for the Village of Franklin Park. As a citizen, you can contribute to the community by becoming well informed and better prepared. The resources below have valuable information to assist you in doing your part.
Preparing for the Unexpected
Devastating attacks on the World Trade Center as well as the war with Iraq have left many citizens concerned about the possibility of future incidents in the United States and their potential impact.
There are things you can do to prepare for emergencies and reduce the stress that you may be experiencing. Taking preparatory action can reassure you and your family that you can exert a measure of control even in the face of such events.
What should you do in the event of an emergency?
- Remain calm. Think before you act.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Have a Family Preparedness Plan.
- Stay informed.
- Shelter-in-place under most circumstances (stay indoors) is recommended.
- Tune into local radio or TV stations for instructions and information.
- If an evacuation is ordered, follow the instructions of local officials regarding evacuation routes and the location of shelters.
- Do not leave your sheltered location or return to the evacuated area until it is deemed safe to do so by local officials
Ready America (Families) US Department of Homeland Security
(Download family plans, information, emergency supply kits and more for you and your family)
Ready America (Business) US Department of Homeland Security
(Security plans and information for businesses)
Federal Emergency Management Agency (News, Training and Information)
US Department of Homeland Security
Illinois Homeland Security
Centers for Disease Control
American Red Cross
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)