The Zoning Department exists for the purpose of improving and protecting the public health, safety, comfort, convenience and general welfare of the residents of the Village by setting regulations and standards relating to the use of land and structures.
The Zoning Administrator executes and enforces the Zoning Code for the Village of Franklin Park. Questions regarding zoning classification for a specific property can be directed to the Zoning Administrator using the Contact Information on the right.
The Zoning Administrator serves as staff liaison to the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA). The ZBA reviews and hears all formal appeals for zoning relief whether through direct application to the Board or as an appeal of a decision made by the Zoning Administrator after a review of the Zoning Code.
Please contact the Zoning Administrator for details when beginning the application process.
- Applications for Zoning Relief can include:
- Conditional Use
- Subdivision and Resubdivision
- Fee Schedule for Zoning Relief Hearings is in the Village Code in the following sections:
- 11-1-5: Zoning, Planning & Development Fees
- 11-1-6: Charge for Insufficient Fund Checks
> click here for Zoning Board of Appeals meeting information